Wednesday, June 15, 2011

we made it

As it turns out, I realized I'm finally at the point where I can chill out a little as a parent and not freak the heck out if my son doesn't get a good nap one day or if both of my kids don't get to bed right on time.

Yesterday, I finished up at school and took Josh to see a pediatric ophthalmologist at Baptist Hospital.  The visit went well enough although it was pitiful to have a child Joshua's age with dilated eyes the rest of the afternoon on a sunshiny day.  We made it though and he'll probably have minor surgery next month to open up his tear duct.  More than likely no big deal.

After we got done with that, my mom and the kids and I loaded up the car and headed to the beach.  Josh was beyond tired from the events of the day but he would not go to sleep on the way down.  He finally caved and slept for about 30 minutes until we pulled into the parking lot at the condo.  Not his usual 2 hr 20 min nap but it'll do.

Anyway, we got everything unloaded and then all headed out for some quick play time on the beach as the sun went down and the moon came up.  Josh ran at the waves until they made him dizzy swirling around his knees.  He threw handfuls of sand at the ocean with the biggest grin on his face.  When we came inside we already had a ton of sand to wash off of our bodies and we'd only been here less than an hour.  My kids got in bed around ten o'clock. 

It was a gorgeous evening and I can tell it's going to be an even better week.

Questions of the Day:
-What are you up to?
-Do you flip if your kids miss a nap or get to bed late?  What about in the summer?
-Do your kids usually sleep well in the car?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin