Saturday, August 4, 2012

give yourself a break (and a discount)

As a teacher, I always expect the summer to be a lot less hectic than the school year.  In many ways it is, but sometimes I get overwhelmed during the summer just like I do during the craziness that is the school year as well.  Last week it was swim lessons daily, KidSummit camp at church, a quick playdate with friends we had been meaning to get together with all summer and it just now happened, hair cuts, eye appointments, and squeezing in regular running.

I've mentioned before that the first time I hear my kids complaining that they're bored I give them a Lysol wipe and tell them to have at it with the spots on the kitchen floor.  Well lately I realized that it was just as easy to give them the Swiffer Wet Jet  and have them mop the whole dang floor.  It's easy enough for the kids to do and it's not messy so I don't have to worry about cleaning up after they clean up.  Plus, they love it! Score!

Also, I found a link to a "recipe" on Pinterest that tells you how to get the top off the bottle and refill it with whatever cleaning solution you like and TA-DA!  Saving money and getting the kids to clean the floor safely and effectively!  Three cheers for that idea!

My kids now actually fight over who gets to use the mop and I can get lunch made in peace while they clean my kitchen at least once a week.  Win win!

To make the summer even easier for you Proctor and Gamble is offering all of my readers a 10% discount on all products purchased from P&G during the month of August and free shipping on orders of $25 or more.  Here's the link to the Swiffer Wet Jet Starter Kit which you can get for under $20 with the 10% discount and there's some great coupons posted (like a $0.50 coupon on Swiffer refill solution) along with some pretty good deals in the sale section.  [You can get the Healthy Home Collection for around $36 and that would make a great gift for those college students heading off to school this month.]  I will earn a commission on any purchases you make through the P&G eStore (both Swiffer sales and any others on the P&G eStore) so I would love it if you would make a purchase.  There are many things you'd pick up on a shopping trip this weekend anyway and I'd love it if you used my link.  What teacher doesn't love supplementary summer income?


If you take advantage of any of these awesome deals through P&G would you please leave a comment on this post or shoot me an email letting me know?  I'd love to properly thank you.  Just hoping to make the end of summer a little less hectic and a little more fun for everyone!


By the way, there's still time to enter my Sweaty Bands giveaway.  A winner will be chosen in a few hours and so far there's only 4 entries so you have a great chance at winning!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin