Monday, August 13, 2012

stories

Last Saturday we were in the midst of all the back to school shoppers and needed a quick lunch before nap time.  Jonathan said, "Kids, is McDonald's okay?'

Julianna said, "Sure!"
Josh's reply, however, was to point out the window and say, "No, I want to go get free ice cream!"

He was pointing at Jason's deli.

------

In the bathtub one night after Julianna had run a mile at the park she was stretched out just laying still "relaxing her muscles" and she asked, "Mom, will you go get me some pickles?"

"Huh?"

"Yeah, I need you to go get two pickle slices for me.  I need to put them on my eyes."

-----

Waiting for a table at Outback one night recently, Josh got started with the incessant "Why?" questioning.  He kept asking random questions about a fly that he was watching.  The place was pretty crowded and there were a lot of people near us waiting for a table too and listening to Josh's questions.

One time he asked Jonathan, "Dad, do flies have teeth?"  Jonathan told him they didn't and he naturally responded, "Why?"  Jonathan said, "They don't eat anything hard."  Josh looked up at him and said, "They don't eat coconuts?" and the couple sitting next to us got pretty tickled.

-----

Julianna very seriously stated at dinner one night, "I'm stuffed to the broom!"

-----

One night at bedtime:
"Mom, sing that number song to me."
"What number song?"
"Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my number. Call me maybe."

-----

Josh asked me the other night, "What does God have on him?"
"I don't know what you mean, Josh."
"Does he have a seat belt on?"
I replied, "I don't know, Josh."
"Well, does he drive?"
?

-----

Josh saw a boxer on TV the other night. "Mom, what kind of hands does she have?"
"She has on boxing gloves, " I told him, "She's a boxer."
"Well, is she a crab?"




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin