Sunday, April 7, 2013

fitness fun in April

Back at the beginning of March we started doing planks about every other night for a few weeks. We just set the timer and hold basic plank position for as long as we can.  We made it up to two minutes and then skipped a couple of days and had to work ourselves back up.

It was so disappointing to come home from my last half marathon and not be able to hold a plank for much more than a minute.  Anyway, I got back at it.  

I've been trying to do Jillian Michael's DVD Ripped in 30 this month.  I figured since I'd spent the money on the DVD over a year ago I should at least get some use outta that sucker, right?  I've done it 4 days this week and plan to do it again today.

I've also set a personal goal to run at least one mile every day in April.  So far I've made it every day and just like I suspected, some days when I haven't really felt like going that mile turns into three or four pretty easily.  Of course, I'm still trying to do Saturday long runs too.

Now I can hold plank position for about two and a half minutes and I am so proud of myself.  I know that's nothing compared to a lot of people but it thrills me to be able to not only feel the strength increasing in my body but also to now be able to SEE the changes.

My family was not surprised (there may have even been an eyeroll or two) when I told them they had to participate in the Family Fun Challenge Carissa is hosting over at her blog.  We haven't done it every day, but we've done a pretty good job and it's been fun to do it together.  It's simple and fun for kids of all ages too.  I encourage you to go check it out and join us.

I'll report back at the end of the month and hopefully have more to tell, but so far April is shaping up to be a fun fitness month.  Hooray for Spring!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin