Sunday, February 7, 2010

dessert by candlelight

Last night we had a few people over for "Dessert by Candlelight."  I made various desserts and drinks to serve as a sort of early Valentine's Day treat.  Jonathan was kind enough to watch the kids in the playroom upstairs and let the adults hang out together and talk downstairs.  It was a lot of fun and I hope to be able to do it again sometime.  Who knows?  Maybe it will become a February tradition at our house.


I made Pioneer Woman's Best Chocolate Sheet Cake Ever (which I actually didn't like), Chocolate Eclair Cake,  Red Velvet Cake, Oreo Truffles, and Key Lime Pie.

I think if I did it again I would perhaps like to take a small "admission" charge and donate it to charity.  And it would be great to hire a babysitter next time instead so that Jonathan could join the adults.... hmmmm.  Plenty to think about.  Anyway, happy Valentine's Day (a bit early) to all!


1 comment:

Nanna said...

The food was delicious and fellowship was great! Thank you for getting us all together!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin