Monday, February 1, 2010

it's hard work being a baby

Rolling over has got to be one of my most favorite milestones that a baby reaches.  I think it's because it's the first major thing that a baby does that makes him seem like a little "real" person instead of just a doll that lays there.

Josh is working hard on learning to roll.  I can't help it.  It is so exciting!  He gets so, so close.  He's got the leg motions down and when's he's on his back he completely lifts his hips off the floor; he just needs to get the strength to lift one of his shoulders up.

I know after he gets the rolling thing down then it'll be all over for mom as he will start to develop physically faster than I can chase, but it's still fun to watch him learn.  If we prop him on his belly with one arm folded under him then he can sometimes flip over to his back on his own.  It's just as exciting as when Jules learned to roll.

I still remember the day Julianna took her first steps.  Of course, it feels like it was yesterday.  The pride I felt was enough to make me want to burst.  We screamed and cheered and screamed for her like lunatics.  When I think about it now it still brings tears to my eyes.

Being a parent has so many rewards.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin