Wednesday, July 21, 2010

ironically the rain prevented us from using the gutter properly

My dad and aunt celebrated big birthdays this week.  The family got together and had a fun surprise party for them at my sister's house Sunday night.


We decided to surprise them with a gigantic banana split.  We bought a ten foot gutter and lined it with aluminum foil and then filled it with bananas, Neapolitan ice cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, butterscotch sauce, walnuts, whipped cream, and cherries.  YUM!  It was delicious and so much fun to make. 


My aunt was truly surprised and that was loads of fun to watch.  Unfortunately, my dad couldn't be there for the beginning of the party since he took a shift at work, but nevertheless it was great to get together with family and do something so unique.  I think we'll do it again sometime.  After I run a few hundred miles. 




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin