Wednesday, July 14, 2010

recipe Wednesday

We stopped by a roadside produce stand the other day and bought some "home grown maters" as the sign read.  We also got a bunch of other vegetables including some peppers that look like these:


Google says that this is a picture of a bunch of banana peppers but I don't know if that's what we got or not.  The weren't sweet like the banana peppers that I know of so maybe they were a chili pepper...?  They weren't too hot either until we got to the end of them where I had failed to get all of the ribs and seeds out.  There they were extremely hot.  Like I said, I don't know what they were.

Anyway, the cute little old man at the stand told us to slit the pepper open and remove the seeds (I did that but in my haste to get dinner made quickly I didn't did it out all the way to the bottom).  Then he told us to fill it with a little cream cheese and bacon pieces and cook it in the oven for a few minutes.

We tried it this week and the verdict is mmmmmmm... delicious.  We made one with light cream cheese and bacon pieces and we made the other one with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and bacon.  So good.  You should run out to your local farmer's market or produce stand as soon as you can and make this quick taste of summer. 

Just make sure you get all of the insides scooped out and you can't go wrong.  It's fantastic.



By the way, Google "peppers" sometime and just take a look at the most beautiful images.  Fun stuff!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin