Thursday, May 12, 2011

my booger's birthday

The weekend after Jonathan's birthday when we had gotten back from SciWorks and Jonathan had come home from shooting guns with Travis, Jonathan's mom came over so that we could have a night out.  I had booked a hotel room for us that night and we went out to dinner, to the movies, and spent the night out. 


First, we checked in and showered at the hotel.  We didn't have a lot of time before the movie started and since our hotel was near enough to walk we headed over to Firebird's.  We enjoyed a delicious meal at and the as silly as this sounds, the highlight of it all for me was watching the prom dates coming in and out of the place.  I wanted to take some pictures but didn't want to be a total creepster so I resisted.  There's definitely something to be said about enjoying a meal in peace and quiet when you're an overtired parent of two young kids, but still I loved the high school prom people-watching. 

Next we went to see Water for Elephants.  It wasn't a bad movie, but I am sad that I picked it for that night.  It was slow and Jonathan didn't enjoy it a whole lot.  I had read the book years ago and thought it was a decent read so I figured the movie would be pretty good.  As it turns out, the best things going for the movie were Robert Pattinson and the variety of beautiful costumes worn by Reese Witherspoon.  Anyway, I'm glad I saw it but wish we had saved that one for Netflix.  Oh well!  You win some, you lose some!







After the movie we stopped at Kernel Kustard and I got a buckeye sundae and Jonathan got a small bag of caramel corn.  Delicious!  I don't know why I didn't take a picture of this!

When we woke up Sunday morning we got ready and headed downstairs for the free breakfast at our hotel.  After we checked out we drove to Stone Mountain and hiked to the top.  It was only about a 4 mile hike there and back and it was a nice morning.







The whole weekend gave Jonathan and I a nice break and a chance to spend some quality time together.  The car ride to Stone Mountain and the hike itself especially gave us plenty of time to talk and unwind.  I'm so thankful for time with my Booger.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin