Saturday, May 14, 2011

why do all of my posts center around food?

I couldn't have had a better Mother's Day.  Possibly because I was very pessimistic about the day being anything special and having to rush from here to there all day long made me sort of dread it and therefore I ended up being surprised when it turned out to be just the opposite.



We started off the day with breakfast at Midtown Cafe and Dessertery with my mom and dad.  After a short bout with Julianna and a couple of trips outside the restaurant with her for "behavior talks" we got to enjoy an absolutely scrumptious meal together while watching Josh play Talking Tom Cat on Pap's phone.





We came home and cleaned the house before my First Place meeting.

After Josh's nap and our First Place meeting was over we headed to a new frozen yogurt place in town called Yoforia.  They were giving out free cups of frozen yogurt to all mothers for Mother's Day.  This was my first frozen yogurt experience and I have to admit, I was completely smitten.  It was love at first bite!  I got pomegranate and dark chocolate yogurt topped with Reese's Cups and Butterfinger pieces. The cups were the size of Julianna's head and Oh. So. Good.  I will definitely be back for more.




We then went on a 7.4 mile bike ride with the whole family which I thoroughly enjoyed.  Julianna once again made it the whole way without getting tired or complaining.  We even got to go through this one small part of the path that passed through the water and she found that completely thrilling.  It was like our own little Spash Mountain! Hee.




After the bike ride we were supposed to meet Jonathan's mom for dinner, but we rescheduled that for another day and headed to McDonald's for a quick meal and then a quick trip to Lowe's to get garden soil before coming home to get ready for bed and another work week.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin