Monday, October 7, 2013

I love Cow Tails



We had a fabulous, albeit busy weekend.  Friday we did laundry and packed for a trip to the mountains. Saturday morning we got up and did our long runs and in the afternoon we headed up to Banner Elk, NC with my family.





We got there late Saturday afternoon and played on the playground and went paddle-boating. We picked up some pizza for dinner and settled in.  We all did our crunches before bed for the October Challenge.




I got to love on my niece for entirely too short of an amount of time, but I did get her to smile once or twice and that's worth plenty.



Sunday morning we started the day off with coffee and putt-putt at 9am.  Just like any typical day, right?






Then we headed to walk around Bass Lake which was beautiful.






We ate lunch in Boone at the Come Back Shack. I ordered the fried green tomato, pimento cheese burger based on a recommendation from someone in line.  It also had special "Come Back Sauce" on it and it was so good.



We took the kids swimming after lunch.



We packed up, made a quick stop at the Mast General Store in Valle Crucis and then headed back to Boone to visit Jonathan's brother for a bit.



We got home late last night, exhausted but in a good way.

How was your weekend, friends?
Have you ever been to Blowing Rock/Banner Elk/Valle Crucis?
What's your favorite kind of old fashioned candy?

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend in the mountains! We had a great weekend at the beach. Hopefully I will get around to posting some pictures on the old blog tomorrow.

I do not like cow tails! At all. I don't think I have a favorite old fashioned candy. Just give me dark chocolate...lots and lots of dark chocolate.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin