Wednesday, October 9, 2013

it was a nice idea

It was a nice idea to think I could read 50 books this year, but I'm so far behind now that I know it's not going to happen.  Set goals, try to meet them and then revise, right?



It was a nice idea to volunteer for several committees at school. Then when I realized I would have less planning time than I've ever had in a teaching job before and they told me first year teachers weren't required to serve on a committee or sponsor a club it sounded better to wait until next year.

It was a nice idea to think that I would be getting home from school around 3pm each day since I knew students were dismissed at 2pm. It turns out that staying and working a little later so that I don't have to take work home is an even nicer idea.

It was a nice idea to schedule two half marathons for one training program with FF this fall, but what was I thinking planning to run one right after we get back from Disney World?



It was a nice idea to stay up late trying to catch up on episodes of How I Met Your Mother, but the reality is that I am super tired today.



It was a nice idea to think skipping the Dixie Classic Fair this year would be wise since we are going to Disney after all.  Really I just want to listen to Mandisa and eat a funnel cake.

What nice ideas have you had lately?
Have they worked out well for you?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin