Monday, December 12, 2005

complaints, flu shots, belly pics

I just got to school and was bombarded by this other teacher who needed all of these files she emailed to me burned onto a CD by 1st period today. Well, I didn't even know that my computer had a CD burner and then she asked if I could go downstairs and get some CDs from the high school computer lab to put them on. Is is me or are people just appalling in some of their expectations of others these days? I mean why did she start all of this right after the bell rang for class today and furthermore, why does she expect all of us other teachers to do her job for her? It's not like we don't have classes to get ready for this morning too or anything. OK sorry for the ranting and raving. I just had to get it out of my system. I can tell that today is going to go about as well as this weekend did.

On that note, I must say that this weekend had potential of being a great one. I did get a lot of things done and it was kinda relaxing, but it really wasn't as good as it should have been. Besides, Jonathan and I had some issues that we still haven't dealt with and I can feel it all building up inside of me and just making everything blughhh. Anyway, I did manage to get a flu shot this morning. I set my alarm for a little earlier than usual today. I don't know why. I just felt like I needed to start being better about getting up and getting to work earlier. I was getting ready and saw on the news where it said that the Forsyth County Health Department was holding a free flu shot clinic this morning at 7:30. I had time to get there I just didn't know if I'd be able to make it to work on time afterwards. I never get a flu shot and then 2 years ago I got the flu so bad that I vowed to get one the next year. That year was, of course, the year that they ran out of them and I never got one. So this year I'd been reading about how important it was for pregnant women to get one and then all of a sudden by the time I got a chance to double-check with my doctor it seemed too late. I thought they had already run out and figured I wouldn't get one. So I jumped at the chance this morning when I heard they'd gotten more. I'm glad I did. I don't have a 1st period class this year so I knew that I could be a little late to school with no problem so I went on. I got there a little after the place opened at 7:30 and there was a very long line, but it moved so quickly that I was in and out of there before 8am and I made it to work before the bell rang at 8:15. The shot didn't hurt and it was free for everyone. I have to admit that I am a little concerned just because I've never had one before and they say that some people get minor flu symptoms from the shot. The last thing my body wants to deal with right now is flu symptoms, but I'm sure I'll be fine.

I am going to try to put up my belly pictures tonight. Only 101 days left! I can't imagine how much fatter I can get in those 101 days, but we'll just try not to think about that one today.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin