Tuesday, December 20, 2005

where did the year go?

I can't believe that it's almost 2006. I am really starting to feel old. It's strange to think that Julianna will think that the 1900s were so long ago and that she will never experience the 20th century. That's right, isn't it? The 20th century? That sounds weird. Anyway, I only have one day of school left. We get out tomorrow at noon and I cannot wait. I am so very excited! I remember what it feels like to walk out of your last exam and that weight is off your shoulders. That's one reason why I love being a teacher - I get to experience that every fall and spring. Plus it's nice to have that time to recharge.

The head of the hospitality committee just came to me to let me know that they're planning a baby shower for me and the other teacher on staff who's wife is pregnant. She said it would be on January 16th. Yippee skippee! I wish the people here didn't feel like they were obligated to do that for us, but I know that that's the purpose of the hospitality committee and I figured that they would. It is very nice.

January seems like it will be a busy month. That's one reason why I guess I'm starting to feel a lot of pressure to get my lesson plans done before then. I only have 13 weeks left and the websites are saying that I should start reading up on the signs of labor and start packing for the hospital just in case. I can't believe that it's time to think about that already! I did sign Jonathan and I up for that Birth and Beginnings class at the hospital for two hours every Monday night in January. That should be interesting. We are also supposed to get our new couch at the end of January. Whooo-hoooo!

Well, I don't know anything else today. Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin