Wednesday, February 8, 2006

it's good to have friends

This morning I read some in Phillipians. "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (Phillipians 4:19) The notes in my Bible say that God has obligated Himself only to the extent of our needs. As it points out, that that would include food, clothing, shelter, companionship, love, and salvation through Jesus Christ. That would not include the multiplicity of luxuries that we have come to think of as needs. But isn't it wonderful when He supplies more? I am thanking God today for the many blessings that He continually bestowes upon me. The love that my family and friends have shown over the past two days has been more than I could ask for and I know that their love is truly a blessing from God.

Today I am back at school, trying to get caught up to head out for the conference tomorrow in Greensboro. Now on to Julianna! I have another appointment tomorrow afternoon. I probably won't be able to post anything Thursday or Friday because I won't be here, but maybe later this weekend. I am going to try to remember to ask the doctor about another ultrasound. I looked up on the internet the other day about stress and how it affects your baby when you are pregnant. Luckily, the article mainly emphasized that the number one thing stress causes is premature labor and hopefully I would know the signs of that. I am still maintaining my 28 pound weight gain so that is good. With just six weeks left I should be able to keep it under a 35 pound gain which I think is a minor accomplishment and I am proud of that. As a random note, I hope that Julianna is a quick learner. I'm looking forward to teaching her braille... ha ha

Jonathan is in Indiana until late Friday night. I miss him like you cannot believe, but I am thankful that he is having this opportunity with his job to not only learn more, but also travel to new places. This weekend we are going to spend some time together. I have to work at Curves on Saturday for "Sweatin' With Your Sweetheart Day" and then we'll hopefully do something after that. Sunday afternoon I have the baby shower for my mom's side of the family. There are only four weeks of school left until Spring Break after today. That it starting to seem so short! We haven't even had a winter yet!

Well, I hate that I can't write more, but I'm off to chapel. Have a happy hump day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin