Tuesday, February 21, 2006

still counting down

I didn't sleep so well last night but for some reason I am in a much better mood this morning. I don't know what it is, but I am glad. I was tired of the "funk." I think part of it is excitement that I get to go home right after school and have all evening to get things done (or just rest) - whatever, but it is nice to choose. Last night was my second to last night at Curves and that is a good thing. I am really tired of working there. Now on Thursday I am going to turn in my keys and nametag and staff shirts. :)

Yesterday, the other teacher that I work with who was expecting a baby was out of school because his wife was scheduled to be induced. He just emailed this morning to say that Gabriel Tolentino was born at 4:29 pm weighing 6 pounds and 15 ounces and 20 inches long. That is all so exciting! There is a grand opening at a new Michael's in town this week so I think I am going to go by there this afternoon and get a frame and some supplies and stuff to make him a wall decoration that annouces the new baby (since I never gave him a gift at the school baby shower). How fun!

Well, I am now up 31.5 pounds and I have four weeks left. I have been eating horribly, but my appetite has just really increased for some reason. Yesterday when I got home from school I was feeling pretty miserable. I just had awful heartburn, a backache, and was just tired! I also had a headache yesterday that I finally got to go away with extra strength tylenol. Today I feel much better. Whit has sent me info to sign up for one of the Charity Runs in W-S in April and since it has a 1 mile walk option as well as the run I might just go ahead and sign up for that. At least if I'm not feeling up to running by then I could at least walk and push Jules in the stroller. For some reason, today I am back to being excited about meeting her instead of scared and nervous about it.

The websites say that she is almost 6 pounds and a little less than 19 inches long this week. That is the size of Gabriel! By the end of next week I will be considered full-term. Jonathan and Whit and I keep joking that she looks like she's "dropped" but who knows. It really doesn't feel any different yet. I just feel more tired or carrying her. Our friends in Florida called the other day and their doctor is telling them that their little girl is a bit under-weight. They got another ultrasound and I wish I could, but I know it will all be fine without it, especially since they keep measuring everything and saying Julianna is exactly how she is supposed to be at that time. It is amazing how much they can tell by just looking at and feeling your belly.

Anyway, the braxton hicks contractions are supposed to be getting stronger now and honestly I can't tell that they are. I still feel them every once in a while, but they don't feel stronger or longer. Maybe I just need to wait. Something tells me that she is going to be born late anyway. I have read up on the signs of pre-term labor and I am definitely going to pack my hospital bags tonight. I also have an ambitious goal of making a meal to freeze tonight as well although I'm sure that will depend on how I feel.

I just recently heard the old wives tale that having heartburn during your pregnancy indicates that your baby will be born with a full head of hair. I had never heard that before and I think all of those things are so interesting. I wonder how people come up with that stuff? So I read ahead for next week on the website and here's what it says about hair: "Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children are born blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz." Julianna will more than likely have thick dark hair as she gets older, but I wonder what she will be born with. If the heartburn rule is true then she will certainly have a head full of it!

Only 13 days of school left until break, one day at Curves, and 29 days 'til Julianna's due date!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin