Friday, January 4, 2013

the story of Joshua

I pledged to read the four gospels in the Bible again this year and I signed up through RSS feed on BibleGateway.com to get it delivered by chapter in my Google Reader.  This seems to be working well for me since it only takes about three minutes a day to read one chpater. 

Since then I've seen lots of verses pinned on Pinterest which have made me curious to read the book of Joshua straight through.  It's 24 chapters so I should be able to read it all by the end of this month.  From what I can remember, his story is a good reminder to keep moving forward no matter how nervous you become.

Today I read the first chapter.  God told Joshua in Joshua 1:9, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

I don't think I was ever strong and courageous as a kid.  I'm working on that as an adult.  My prayer this year is that I can help teach my children to be strong and courageous.  I guess I first need to work on gaining some courage myself and I'm hoping God will show me how.  It's so hard to allow Him to put you outside of your comfort zone though!

Anyway, God is with us wherever we go.  All the way through 2013.  All the way through eternity.  What else is He going to teach me through Joshua?




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin