Thursday, January 10, 2013

Will Power

We used to have this tiny little hippo.  At least I think it was a hippo.  It was a small stuffed animal and his name was Will Power.  It was a Sandra Boynton animal.  (Have you read her books?  Pure awesomeness.  I'm a huge fan.)

source

Anyway, when I moved back home after college and I was getting ready for my wedding my mom and I put him in the pantry to look at us when we opened the door and looked in.  Not sure where he wandered off to after that... he did go missing though....  I wonder whatever happened to Will?

At any rate, I just finished the latest BlogHer Book Club selection, The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It and it may be a help to those of us who have trouble keeping our resolutions each year.  I'll be straightforward and say that I really had a hard time getting into this book, but I do think it gave me some helpful ideas on goal-setting and a new perspective on self-control.  In the coming months I'm going to focus more on becoming self-aware and then try to meet my 2013 goals by using McGonigal's strategies for self-control.

If you've set some goals for your life then you may want to check it out.  Read more on the Book Club page here

This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin