Thursday, September 14, 2006

questions

actual questions heard in my classroom this week (i’m not kidding, they’re real) and how i replied (i am kidding about this one):

Student: “Can I get a drink of water?”
Me: “I don’t know, can you?”
Student: “Well I know I can, but can I?”

Student: “What’s a blog?”

I don’t know why, but for some reason my kookiness really finds that one amusing.

Student: “What is it that they call President Bush? Some kind of letter…?”

It's sad that you are considered an American citizen.

Student: “When you say red font, do you mean red red?”

No I mean blue red.

Student: “Do I have time to go get water?”
Me: “Class starts at 12:47. You can decide.”
Student: “I know, but do I have time to go get water?”

Student: “Who is Bill Gates?”

You’re kidding, right? I bet you know who Lindsay Lohan is though.

Student: “Do you get paid more than my mom?”

Hello. Um…. I’m a teacher….um… at a private school….. um…. I don't know what your mom does, but regardless that would be an emphatic NO!

Student: “What does MILF mean?”

I can’t tell you that. Seriously. What do you say to a kid who asks you this?

And the winner is….

Student: “Is Carrie Underwood a Christian?”

Hhhhmmmmmm let me see here…. Does the song go, “Jesus take the wheel” or maybe it’s “Buddha take the wheel”…. I’m not sure about that one.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin