Monday, January 23, 2006

trust

I had a pretty good weekend. It was supposed to be a kinda slow one but as usual, it was pretty full. We went bowling with the Sunday School class on Saturday night and I bowled a 127 even with my big belly and lack of balance. Jonathan on the other hand was the strike king. I also spent a good bit of time getting everything done for Amanda's shower, but at least that is over and done with now and I think it went OK.

Tonight we have childbirth class again. There are only two more weeks of it and next week we get the highly anticipated tour. :) I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and Jonathan has his eye surgery on Friday. Luckily I only have to work at Curves two days this week. I am getting very tired of working there.

I was up 26 pounds this morning. I had to start eating bananas again since my leg cramps starting coming back. My friends indigestion and heartburn have also gotten worse. Some days eight weeks (or 59 days) seems manageable and other days that seems way too long! Time in general just goes by slowly sometimes and quickly during others. In some ways that is a good thing, but in other ways it really stinks that we can't control the speed of time!

Yesterday in church we did our usual split into groups thing and of course my group gets the story of Abraham and Isaac to discuss. The point of the lesson was how important it is to have faith in God, but one of the questions was, "could you sacrifice your only child after you'd waited 20some years for it just because God told you to?" We all immediately said, "No!" but it did make me think about being obedient even when it seems impossible. That is something that I am having a hard time with right now. I have been thinking a lot about the fairness of life and being obedient to God when it is so extremely difficult.

The following is part of an article that I just read about depending on God. I thought it was certainly worth sharing and since it made me realize how little I have depended on God over the last year or so I wanted to post it here in hopes that I would revisit it many times in the future.

T Thank God for the things He has done in your past. Go back as far as you need to. Begin to chart His track record in your life. Ask Him to remind you of times past when He was there for you. Then find something in your life today to be grateful for. Living thankfully is God’s will for your life.

R Repent…say you are sorry to God for intentionally allowing things in your heart and your life that you know would disappoint Him. Having a rebellious heart toward God’s ways in one area of your life can cause your prayers to hit the ceiling in other areas. Take an inward look and ask for God’s help in changing attitudes, thoughts, motives and actions that need a correction.

U Unify broken relationships. Whether you have offended someone or have been offended, God leaves the ball in your park to seek restoration. If restoration isn’t possible give God the broken pieces and ask Him to root resentment out of your heart. Bringing peace to fractured relationships brings blessing.

S Share the journey. When times are tough and trust wears thin, find a friend to pray with you and for you. Tell someone your struggle and ask her to walk with you awhile on the road of life. Getting help in our weakness leads to healing and to power in praying.

T Take time to spend with God. If your heart is dry set aside some time to listen to praise music and use the words of the songs as prayers from your heart. Till up the ground that has become hard from the worries of life. Learn to spend time in the presence of the Lord and find refreshing beyond what you can imagine.

Depend on God in new ways today. Trust Him… even in the silence and in the dark. The wisdom of depending on God will bring results in your life that will surprise you. “My God, in whom I trust”… with expectation!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin