Monday, February 12, 2007

Fabulous Weekend Recap

I had a fabulous weekend.

Well, we had our Dream Dinners date on Friday night. It went OK. I was a little bummed because we couldn’t really work side by side for any part of the time because none of the recipes we were putting together were at the same station*. Anyway, I’m glad we went and the best part was that we got home in time to put the little girl to bed and have a good dinner from Panera with my MIL. I’m so grateful for their willingness to participate in my shenanigans. Now for the next month we’ll be eating some yummy
CHICKEN WITH TOMATO, LEMON & HERB SAUCE,
CHICKEN WITH TEX-MEX RED CHILE SAUCE ,
STEAKS SOUTHWEST ,
BEEF KABOBS WITH TOMATO-THAI GINGER SAUCE ,
CARIBBEAN PORK ROAST WITH HONEY-MUSTARD SAUCE ,
DIJON & HERB MARINATED PRAWNS , and
HERB CRUSTED FLANK STEAK.


Saturday big J kept little J while I went shopping for a short bit. I went to a giant children’s consignment sale. It was really cool. Opening day for the sale was Saturday at 9 am. I’d never been before but I’d read that the line always starts forming early on opening day so I planned ahead a little and got there about 8:40 am. When I got there the line was wrapped all the way down the center of the mall and back (it was in an old mall department store area that is no longer used anymore) probably a mile total. They were only letting in so many people at a time so the place wouldn’t be too crowded (which I actually thought was really smart) and I was so far back in line that I thought I wouldn’t make it in. Luckily I made it in the first round. A friend I saw there was only about ten people behind me in line and she said that they waited almost an hour after nine just to be let in the doors.

Anyway, I got a bunch of stuff (pictures soon). I got some great clothes and five pairs of shoes for little J. Plus I got a boppy pillow (I’ll explain later) and some play food for the tiny little kitchen I bought her for only…

wait for it…

THREE dollars!

Yes that’s only three bucks, as in 300 pennies. I also got her a little desk and chair for when she’s a little bigger. I’m saving most of this stuff to give to her next month when she’s…. sniff, sniff…. turning…. sniffle, sniff, sniff… ONE YEAR OLD!

Then later Saturday I kept little J while big J helped his sister move for a couple of hours. Next he put up the bird house that we got for Christmas and the rest of the day we pretty much did nothing until dinner when we went to my favorite restaurant with some friends. We also watched some old Friends episodes and ate a lot of junk.

We have sort of made it routine that we watch Friends on Sunday nights and it has really become such a fun thing for me to look forward to each weekend. We decided to watch on Saturday night this weekend and we are almost through Season 1 of the boxed set I got for Christmas. Love that show.

ANYWAY

That brings me to Sunday. Church, lunch, attempt at a nap while the little girl was sleeping (but of course that fell through), then did I mention I ran FOUR MILES!!!??? After I ran on Sunday I got to indulge in a fun treat and the husband and I took a trip to Target and I picked up some Rubbermaid storage bins for the clothes that the little girl has outgrown. Oh such fun! I had a great weekend!



*And I’m way too impatient for us to have worked together on the same meal and - heaven forbid - waste time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin