Wednesday, February 28, 2007

seventeen

Yesterday my sister and I ran outside. It was such a pretty day here and it felt good to be out in the fresh air. The husband came home from work early and offered to keep the little girl so we tried to run 3.1 miles up the road past the Dell plant and back. My sister made it almost all the way. I’d say I only ran about 2.5 miles of the 3.1 mile loop. It is very different running on the road when you’ve been running on a treadmill inside all winter. Anyway, I’m still proud of myself. My plan said that I was supposed to go 3.5 miles yesterday so I will probably try to make up that extra mile today.

I’m at the point in my training where it is getting harder and harder to go the distance. Saturday I am supposed to run 5 miles. The farthest I have run without stopping to walk is 4 miles and I have only been able to do that once. I am not letting that discourage me though and I am keeping on keeping on. Plus I have started to get lots of compliments on my appearance lately and that is very encouraging.

So today I hit my pre-baby weight. It took me almost eleven months and one week to do it. I never thought it would take that long and it seems like I have been fighting off that last ten pounds for an eternity.

Now I am half way to my goal of 34 pounds lost. I’ve lost 17 pounds total. Seventeen. Pounds. Isn’t that awesome? My BMI is back to a healthy number and I have dropped one or two pant sizes since before Christmas. If I lose seventeen more pounds I might be able to wear a size 6, but probably a nice size 8. I would be very happy with that.

I have run 81 miles since December 12th; 39 of those miles were in this month alone. And I STILL haven't had a soft drink. Now go ahead. Give me a pat on the back. Besides, my birthday is Monday.

1 comment:

Becoming_Me said...

HI! I recently started reading your blog, and I love the reality of it. Anyway, congrats on your running progress, I'm hoping to get back on the wagon and learn to enjoy running after I give birth in May. And don't get down on yourself for having to walk. Running outside is TOTALLY different thann being on a treadmill. Check out www.jeffgalloway.com...he's got training plans laid out for 5K, 10K etc...and I alwasy feel like he's about going the distance, not about how fast or if you have to walk.
Good Luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin