Monday, March 19, 2007

359 days old

In honor of the little girl’s upcoming birthday, for the next seven days I’m planning on doing a series of posts reflecting on the past year. Also, BE WARNED that since I love lists, a lot of these will be in numbered/bulleted list format.

Things I Love About Being a Mother

  • Being needed.
  • Being wanted.
  • Being reminded of and frequently reflecting on my own childhood.
  • Rediscovering the simplicity of everyday fun.
  • Always having fresh fruit in the house.
  • Reading lots of fun books.
  • Naps.
  • Shopping for adorable little kids clothes.
  • Teaching my daughter new things every day.
  • Two words. Goldfish crackers.
  • Knowing that someone always loves you (at least until they’re teenagers).
  • How easy it is to stop heartbreaking cries sometimes by just walking in the room
  • How something so small can make me feel so important and happy.
  • Before, I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
  • I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

1 comment:

lisa said...

hi. cute list. you might like www.listography.com for list writing and sharing...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin