Thursday, July 12, 2007

because Mary Murphy isn’t quite entertaining enough for me

The other day I mentioned that I missed Will and Grace which once I actually wrote it down (so-to-speak) it got me to really thinking about it. Either I’m just missing something or there are no good sitcoms on TV anymore. Maybe it’s just that it’s summer, but it sure seems to me that there used to be some great Must See TV on all the time a year or two before September 11th and then the reality show craze hit. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some reality TV. But then after 911 some of the reality shows disappeared or became much more light-hearted and less serious (like the utter waste of time that Fear Factor was). Granted, American Idol came out during that time period, but still. I’ll admit that maybe I’m just missing something big, but in my opinion ever since the nation experienced such a life changing tragedy they didn’t want a short comedy anymore. They didn’t want shows that mirrored what we thought was real life. They wanted game shows and unrealistic dramas apparently (er, can you say 1 vs. 100 and Desperate Housewives?) When is it time to go back to comedy?

So you could say I miss it. I miss being able to sit down on the couch each evening and watch shows like Seinfeld, Will and Grace, or Friends and being totally enthralled with the mundane, everyday realistic storylines with a witty joke thrown in every 30 seconds (or minute or two). I miss forgetting about real life for a brief half hour and being entertained by silly humor. I like all of these new dramas like Heroes and House just as much as the next guy, but they’re certainly not Friends.

My favorite newest sitcom is How I Met Your Mother, but it’s being re-run now. And besides, where are the rest of them? Please leave me a comment if I’m missing something you love. Because TV’s just not that fun for me anymore.

Sigh. Now back to the regularly scheduled program, SoYouThinkYouCanDance!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I like the new look. Very cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin