Wednesday, July 4, 2007

recipe Wednesday

My SIL was kind enough to have us over for dinner last night and I was given the task of making dessert. I decided to make this key lime pie recipe from WW. I have made this oddles of times before and each and every time I have had to cook it for longer than the recipe calls for (like 15 -25 minutes longer than it says). Well, for some reason yesterday I took it out after the called for 15 minutes and decided it would eventually set in the refrigerator. Well, I was wrong. I couldn't put it back in the oven because it was already topped with whipped cream and I didn't have the ingredients to make another one in time. Needless to say, we had key lime pudding for dessert last night, but at least it was still fabulous tasting. I will highly recommend you trying out this recipe although I would encourage you to bake the pie for at least 30 minutes and maybe more. Mmmmmm. A nice cool summer treat!

Weight Watchers Key Lime Pie
serves 10
5 points per serving


6 oz pie crust
14 oz fat-free sweetened condensed milk
8 oz fat-free egg substitute
8 oz fat-free whipped topping, thawed if frozen
1/2 cup fresh lime juice, from key limes

Preheat oven to 325ºF. Place graham cracker crust on a baking sheet; set aside.


Whisk together condensed milk, egg substitute and lime juice. Pour mixture into crust.


Bake until center looks set but still slightly quivery, like gelatin, about 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Transfer to refrigerator and chill completely, about 1 to 2 hours.


Spread whipped topping over cooled pie. Cut into 10 slices and serve.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin