Friday, July 13, 2007

recipe Friday

So I spent all day trying to write a couple of blog posts and couldn't get the site to work. I couldn't even get the home page to load, much less even get logged in. Then after checking with J to make sure he could get on I rebooted my laptop and justlikethat I was able to get logged back in. I'm an idiot. Sorry for not posting.

Also, I totally realize that I neglected to post a recipe on Wednesday. I have a very good reason. My aunt and uncle have gigantic blueberry bushes at their house and they mentioned that the berries had come in, we should come pick some. Yesterday, my mom, sister and I went with Julianna and picked a couple of gallons. Yum-o!

Today I made this blueberry pound cake. I haven't had any yet, but it's looking delicious.

Blueberry Pound Cake

1 (15 oz) box yellow cake mix
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
2 cups blueberries

Glaze:
juice of 1 lemon
1 cup powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix first 4 ingredients well.
3. Fold in blueberries (these may be dusted with flour or powdered sugar to keep them from sinking).
4. Bake for one hour in a tube or bundt pan which has been greased and floured.
5. Allow cake to cool.
6. Mix the glaze and drizzle over cake.

*I added about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water because I realized after it was too late that my cake mix was 18 ounces instead of the called for 15 and the batter was really, really dry.

glazed blueberry pound cake

inside of blueberry pound cake YUM

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin