Wednesday, March 15, 2006

any day now

I had a great day yesterday although I was feeling pretty crummy last night. I had a good doctor's appointment and a good lunch with Whitter. Then I came home and worked on thank you notes and birth annoucements. I still didn't finish them all but that's OK.

The nurse didn't comment on my weight or blood pressure, but they did say my belly was measuring a centimeter larger and when the doctor did the exam he said that I was 2 centimeters dialated and 100% effaced. A baby could be around the corner! I am still betting on the 26th though. He went over the signs of labor with me and told me when to call the hospital. He also told me to make an appointment for next week although they might not have to see me then. Anyway, everything was good.

I've had lots of people telling me lately that it looks like I'm about to have the baby any day now. The lady at Burger King yesterday said I was about to "pop that one out" and she knows because she's had six kids. :) I came home and read up on dialation and effacement and the books and websites say that first time moms usually are 100% effaced before they start dialating but that women who've already had a child usually dialte before their cervix thins out. So it still could be weeks, but with the number of people that have been calling me lately to check on me and tell me to go for a walk I have certainly decided that our phone's ringer is going to be turned off the second we bring that baby home from the hospital!

Last night I had lots and lots of back pain (which the doctor said was completely normal). He also said that period cramps were normal too so that made me feel better. I think I just sat in the wrong kind of chairs yesterday and I also laid in the bed too long the night before. I feel tons better this morning. My body just gets worn out by the evening.

I woke up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night last night and couldn't get back to sleep right away. I got worried about silly stuff like what if I can't wake up when Julianna is crying and what if she gets so fussy then that she won't eat? Anyway, I know it will all work out fine and once I get the hang of it we'll be great together, but I guess I am getting anxious about caring for her again.

Well, I'm up early and I'm going to get lots of stuff done today. Today's goals: finish up some school stuff, clean the bathroom, finish birth announcements and thank you notes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin