Wednesday, March 22, 2006

this may be too much information

No baby yet. :( Chapel days are so crazy at school too. I haven't hardly had a chance to sit down all day until now. Sorry I didn't write earlier! So I went to the doctor yesterday and got lots of "nothing" news. Here is probably more than you want to know: I am still 2 centimeters dialated, 100% effaced and +2 station which is all good, but my blood pressure was high. I have to keep monitoring it and making sure that I have no signs of toxemia or else they will write me out of work (which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, ha ha). She "stripped my membranes" yesterday to try to get things moving so-to-speak which hurt like heck! No signs of anything yet though. She said that usually that would start the release of some hormones which would cause contractions which would help me to dialate (since the dialation is the hold up). She also said to make an appointment for Monday and then they would check again, possibly break my water and schedule me to be induced at the hospital on Tuesday. So for now we're just waiting and waiting, but I know God has good timing...

Those doctors all try to be so nice. They are funny because they try to compliment you to make you feel better. She kept saying yesterday how I needed to bottle and sell my secret for no stretch marks, but then she checked my ankles for swelling and she rubbed my leg which was quite hairy and all the good that her compliment did quickly vanished because of my embarrassment. Oh well.

All of my kids at school are like, "Mrs. Tucker! Why are you still here!" It is so funny because I know they mean well, but it just comes out all wrong. Then I have to be careful how I respond because I can't really be honest and say, "I don't really want to be!" Anyway, at least now I can tell them for sure that I certainly won't be here after Friday.

I think my final weight gain is going to be a whopping 39 pounds! I really wanted to keep it under 30 and then I changed my goal to under 35, but it just keeps piling on. I just hope I can get it all back off and then some. I will have to try to take Jules on long walks on the beach this summer.

I slept great last night and I came home from the doctor yesterday and rested all eveing which was good. I am going to try to do the same today. Just preparing for the wearisome months that lie (or lay - which is it?) ahead...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin