Tuesday, March 7, 2006

life is good

My friend at school gave me a really neat gift for my birthday yesterday. They are these faux suede/leather nesting boxes. She said that they would be great for keepsakes for Julianna and I think she's right. If I get started on organizing all of that stuff now then I won't be ticked at myself for having this huge task to do when she's 15 and older. I also keep having random people bring me gifts at work and home. It is nice to have all of this stuff just given to me - especially when people think of things that I would never think of.

Anyway, I felt better after resting a lot last night. I slept a little better although I am having dreams about random other people and their children. I cannot tell you how glad I am that this is the last week before spring break. It doesn't even matter that I have to come back after break. I am just grateful that I will have a week to rest. A friend just came by and talked to me about it and she strongly suggested that I just ask the doctor today to go ahead and write me about of work for those few days after break. She said I'd need that time to just relax my body and that it would help with recovery time after the delivery instead of having stood on my feet the few days before labor. I don't know what I will do, but I still have a week or so to decide. I have one appointment today and then again next Tuesday. Today they are going to check to see if I've started dialating. Yippe. After I found out that I would only be paid 40% instead of full pay for my leave we were hoping that I would go past my due date although I told Jonathan last night that if the next two weeks I am going to be feeling this worn out then I will be happy to take the pay cut and have Julianna early. Oh well.

I haven't had the real abdominal soreness that I had the other day which is good. I just have the back pain and exhaustion. I got some more baby clothes washed last night. I can only manage to do about one task per night. :) Luckily tonight is American Idol. Next week I am going to plan on getting the car seat inspected as well as the tired rotated in my car. I am also going to do all of the last minute nursery stuff, make some more meals to freeze, and hopefully get the glider from Babies R Us. I have birth announcements to finish too! By the way, this week the development websites say that Julianna is probably almost 20 inches and 7 pounds by now.

So have you noticed the weather forecast for this week? It's going to be awesome. Sunny and beautiful this weekend supposedly. I am so ready to go to the beach. Normally I would be getting ready for a beach trip about now, but I will have to wait a few months. Jules does already have some cute bathing suits though! :)

I am going to try to keep up this website once Julianna arrives. Of course, I can't make any promises, but I will try. I can't wait to put the first pictures of her up. We are already getting emails from people telling us to save their address to send them pictures. Oh how fun!

Thought for the day: Galatians 6:9 says, "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin