Tuesday, March 21, 2006

still no baby...

No baby yet. :( Everyone at school yesterday kept asking me about it. How are you feeling? What does the doctor say? How much longer now? It is nice to have all of the attention, but I feel like a broken record. At least people care. :)

I really, really overdid it yesterday. I had aches and pains all night long. Mostly they were in my legs and back from standing and walking around. But we did have a great dinner though so I guess it's all good. I know one thing though - today I am going straight home from the doctor's office and getting in the bed. My body just can't take much more and whenever I sit down to rest I think of one more thing to do and I jump up to do it. Anyway, maybe if I'm in the bed reading or something it will be easier to stay put.

One of my devotionals for today hit a soft spot with me. It was about the Good Samaritan and it said, "God's will comes to us in strange ways, often in the form of interruptions. Just when we think our duties are done for the day and we've settled in for a quiet evening at home, someone calls on the telephone or shows up on our doorstep asking for our time. "Are you busy?" they ask. The best thing to do is to stop looking at these intrusions as interruptions. Instead, we should take them as opportunities that God is sending us to serve those in need—to listen well, to show love, to help them on their journey toward intimacy with God."

I guess reading all of that sortof had a weird effect on me. I just became really thankful after reading it. Thankful for all of the people who have helped me throughout this pregnancy. How everyone has been so nice and thoughtful from random people at the grocery store, to coworkers and family members. Someone different calls each night to see how I'm doing and sometimes I can't help but think of their calls as interruptions, but overall I know that I am blessed by them. As I have been praying for a healthy daughter and delivery, I have added to my prayers a prayer of thanksgiving for the blessings I have received during the last nine months including the unusual ones like the "annoying" ways people have been showing me their love. :) I am going to make more of an effort to reciprocate that care for other people.

So I looked up who Jules might share a birthday with and here's what I found famousbirthdays.com. I know, I know, I am a lunatic, but oh well. I guess I can't help it. I am still betting on the 26th. There are lots of cool people with that birthdate. I just hope it's not the 31st because that's Al Gore's birthday. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin